Skip to main content

Speed Up Blog - Reduce Loading Time

I feel bored waiting for a slow loading page. I start counting with my fingers tapping on the desk. I'm keen with the information from that page but my Internet connection just doesn't help me out. Because the page fails to show as quick as required. Finally, I give up and go back to Google. The question is why a particular web page that I've found need more time to load compare to others.

Also Read - Break the Modem lock

Basically, loading time sense visitor's experience. You might not return to my blog if you were unhappy because it was slow to respond. You noticed the images reveal one by one, and sometimes the page stuck while the browser keep requesting for another links to activate.
Speed Up Blog
From now onward, I'm trying to optimise my blog's loading time without changing the theme. I'm concerning how many files are being used including CSS, images, and scripts. And how big the size they are. To get the information, I use free online services from here;

What I've done so far


REDUCING THE NUMBER OF IMAGES

I believe an image adds a punch to a website. BTW, the amount of HTTPs might be increased preceding to the number of image file. So, I've to think carefully to use an image inside my post. For the images used in my template, I use CSS Sprite method and merge them to 2-3 files only. In addition, I will use CSS3 features rather than images to get the same effect such as border radius, box shadow, RGBA and opacity.

REDUCING THE SIZE OF IMAGES

Sometimes the images are just significant for my template and stories. If this is the case, what can I do are - Choosing the right format (JPG, PNG, or GIF) with reference to the size and quality. I use many PNGs. Reduce the size again using online optimiser such as PNG Optimizer and Smush.it.
Get the exact size that I want to display, so browsers are not forcing to scale my images. It means to avoid from setting height and width for img tags. When the image has a defined size, in the post editor, I just select 'Original size' after uploading the image.

PLACING JAVASCRIPT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE

I put movable scripts before closing body tag such as Google Analytic and Colorbox. At the same time, I minimise the number of widget/gadget or at least move them to the bottom of my sidebar or footer. I know it's not improving the page loading time, but at least the main content has already been on your screen while the less important scripts load.

RETHINKING THE USE OF JAVASCRIPT

Instead of using gadget, I write basic HTML to create a list for Recent Posts and Popular Posts. I also pretend not using post-summary or image thumbnail. From the speed test result, I've few files that bothering my mind. Remove or relocate.

CHANGING MY HOSTS

I noticed Google Site is not the best choice to host my files when concerning the page loading time. Even for a very small file.

To conclude, I hope my blog comes with more friendliness and better impression to you. You may try what I've done. I understand that Google is lazy indexing a slow page. So, it's a factor to get higher PageRank in short period of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get your blog indexed at No.1 in Search Rankings

Their are Lots of Company's and Software's which guaranties no 1 ranking in search but  it is totally waste of time and money.Getting Indexed on Number one Place on Google is Not an Easy Thing to Do. It Requires Lot of Work with Dedication. But it Can be Done With Simple Methods which are very Popular Online. You may have Seen Many of the Topics which we will be sharing today. So Below are the Steps to Get Indexed on 1st Place in Google. 1. Pick Best and .com Domain Always Select ".com' Domain for your Site Becasue it ranks Better than Other ".net" or ".in" Domains. ".com" Domain are Also Better for User Experience Because whenever User Types Website Address in Browser he supposes .com in the End. For Example:- If I want to Open a Site Named "MaxxTricky" then I Would Type maxxtriky.com in Browser. If That Site has other Expensions Like ".in" then I May Accidentally Open a Wrong Site. So .Com Domain

Best Windows 8 Themes with Inspiring Visual Styles

Microsoft releases new versions of Windows time to time with more improvements and better functionality. Windows 8 that was released back in 2012 became much popular these days. And the newer version ( Windows 8.1 ) with more extra features is being used commonly. Although Windows 7 and 8 have much better themes and  UI as compared to the previous releases yet we get bored with the stock themes of Windows 8 . People always look for new and attractive themes to have a cool desktop . So today I present a huge collection of  25+ Best Windows 8 Themes . If you are bored with the default Windows 8 Themes then I would recommend you download these Free Windows 8 Themes and have a beautiful visual interface . How to Install 3 rd  Party Windows 8 Themes ? A number of cool and attractive Themes for Windows 8 are available these days. But one cannot directly install third part themes in Windows eight.  You will first have to modify some windows files ( themeui.dll, UXInit.dll,

Amazing Facts About Human Brain

10 Facts About HUMAN BRAIN..! Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour . Ever wonder how you can react so fast to things around you or why that stubbed toe hurts right away? It’s due to the super-speedy movement of nerve impulses from your brain to the rest of your body and vice versa, bringing reactions at the speed of a high powered luxury sports car. The brain operates on the same amount of power as 10-watt light bulb . The cartoon image of a light bulb over your head when a great thought occurs isn't too far off the mark. Your brain generates as much energy as a small light bulb even when you’re sleeping . The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica . Or any other encyclopedia for that matter. Scientists have yet to settle on a definitive amount, but the storage capacity of the brain in electronic terms is thought to be between 3 or even 1,000 terabytes . The National Archives of Brit